#boutiqueguesthouse , Founded in 1855 on a farm named “Eenzaamheid” (Dutch for “loneliness”) and became a municipality in July 1883. It was named after the Reverend Andrew Murray Snr, who was minister of Graaff-Reinet, and Barend O J Burger, who played a role in the establishment of the town. An original condition for the purchase of any residential plot in Murraysburg was that the plot needed to be surrounded by a quince hedge. 

Scroll to Top